Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day because I love thinking about my ancestors and my loved ones who have passed on.  All of my grandparents have died, and I think of them often and miss them all the time.  I am grateful for their love and their examples of strength, happiness, and loyalty.  Grandma and Grandpa Meacham and Grandma and Grandpa Banks are forever engrained in my memory, in my heart, and in my life.
           I love you and miss you greatly.

I am grateful for such a great heritage, and I am grateful for the struggles and trials that my ancestors went through that have brought me to the place I am today.  They worked hard and stayed true to the gospel of Jesus Christ, which has in turn lead me to be blessed with gospel in my own life.  I have many stories that I can read of my family and their faith and perseverance which is something that pushes me in my owns times of difficulty. 
          I love you.  Thank you for your sacrifices.

I also am so very grateful for the soldiers who have fought, who do now fight, and who will fight in the future.  I'm grateful that they fight for my freedoms and rights and for those of people around the world.  I am grateful for all those men and women who have been so willing to risk their lives so that I can live in a more peaceful world.
           Thank you, thank you, thank you for your courage and service.

I am also so grateful for the plan of salvation that gives me the opportunity to KNOW that all those who died do still live.  I can see my family again, and all those who die will have the opportunity to see their loved ones again.  This is a great and wonderful gift to have this knowledge, and it brings me great peace and happiness.
          For more information, please visit www.lds.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment